Wooden Pools - Whether it's above ground or semi-inground, Aqua-Bois wood pools are uniquely stylish and elegant. They are available in a palette of colors designed to compliment the natural nobility of wood while enhancing your outdoor environment. These beautifully constructed woods pools are a work of art and a serious departure from the typical above ground pool. Their striking looks and solid wood construction are often described as "lawn furniture" as they are as much a pleasure to look as they are great at providing years of enjoyment for families of all sizes. It's clear to see that nothing beats the natural look of wood.
This wood swimming pool model is the 18' Round 52" Deep Amazone by Aqua Bois. This beauty is constructed using treated yellow pine for the wall panels, columns and top ledges. The extra wide 9" solid wood ledges provide the ultimate in handcrafted feel. One look at their broad sturdy construction and you will know this is no ordinary pool.
The Amazone is designed to be installed above ground only. The semi-inground all wood version is the Boreale. The Boreale can be installed between 24"-36" into the earth and the only difference between the Amazone and the Boreale is wood species. Treated Red Pine is used for all pools that are buried in-ground as it's proven to be better suited for that environment.
Wood Construction Specs All of our wood pools are built from treated pine. This species of wood is well known for its resistance to harsh weather conditions, regardless of season. In addition to its unsurpassed beauty, the durability of this wood species far surpasses that of cedar. This is not surprising, since treated pine is a wood species that is much sturdier than cedar. Compared to Red Cedar, treated pine is 31% harder, 30% more rupture resistant and 47% more shock resistant. This makes treated pine the perfect material for wood pool construction.
The wood used is pressure treated using a new ACQ (Alkaline Copper Quaternary) green process that poses no danger to human health or to the environment and does not contaminated water. This new process is also called “alkaline copper preservative composite”. This is a non-toxic and green ACQ process.
This preservation technology, which is the basis for ACQ treated wood, has been used commercially in throughout Europe, Asia and the United States since 1991. It is also used in the construction of pressure-treated structures for playgrounds, picnic tables, terraces, patios, docks, etc.
Wood Stain Selection - Each wooden pool model is available pre-stained from the factory in 6 different colors. Due to variations and setting in computer monitors, the actual color may be somewhat different than the image displayed. If you need an exact color or wish to match your pool to your house, fence or other building, select the no-stain option and apply your own custom stain color.
Pool Liners - Liners for the Amazone are made from heavy gauge virgin vinyl and offered in two print choices. They are secured to the pool wall with a in-ground pool liner fastening system that is pre-installed at the factory. This makes for a very easy worry-free installation. And with a slight dish in the shape of the pool floor, the Amazone's liner fits taught and secure while providing an extra 6" of water depth in the center of the pool.
Amazone And Boreale Component Specs
- Copper-azole-treated yellow pine – Amazone only
- ACQ-treated red pine – Boreale only
- Width: 4’ (1.20 m)
- Height of walls: 52” (1.32 m)
- Height of walls: 48” (1.22 m) - Boreale oval only
- Factory-preassembled with planks mortise and tenon moulded.
Amazone: plain planks roughly 3 ½” (8.75 cm) wide.
- Their number determines the size of the pool
- Made of 100% wood, sturdy & attractive
- Handcrafted at the factory then assembled with glue and screws.
- Amazone: yellow pine
- Boreale: Red pine
- Made of 100 % wood, 9” (23 cm) wide
- Made of antiskid injected resin, very easy to install.
- Attractive and safe
- Three 5/16” (8 mm) galvanized steel cables form the pool’s strong assembly
- Plastic coated for a sleek appearance and for protection from chemicals and salt.
- Cable breaking point: 9,800 lbs.
- Foam insulation 1/8” (3.2 mm) thick inserted between the liner and the walls.
- Vinyl liner secured with a standard in ground pool fastening system, factory installed.
Packaging And Shipping
- Delivered on a pallet in 3 or 4 boxes, depending on the size of the pool.
- Typical delivery time is approx. 2 weeks.
- Additional Info
- Pool ModelAmazone
- Pool ShapeRound Pools
- Pool Size18' Round
- Pool Wall Height52" Wall Height
- Top Ledge MaterialWood Top Ledges
- Country of ManufactureUnited States